Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Bad on not good enoughs...


As the song goes, "I did my best, but I guess my best wasn't good enough..."

And yes, I am not referring to relationships.

I have said before, that we sometimes are caught in a situation where we can't just escape pero kailangan panindigan na lang. A lot of times, instead of putting on arms to facilitate our inadequacies, we put on a vest for defense. In the process of doing such, have we actually asked ourselves - WHY?!

There are situations that require us to examine the reasons why we are actually there. There are responsibilities that are beyond our capabilities (or the lack of it) and before others get to ask if we can do it well (or at least, just finishing it), we ourselves should be our own devil's advocate. 

In recent years, I have been my most active cynic. Religiously asking myself if I will be able to do the job well or not. And when I get my answers, ask the same questions all over again. Most often (in most recent times), I will get a different answer and I will eventually drop the job. 

This is not true to a lot of people I know. Truth is, it is a very painful reality.  

Accepting ones shortcomings is an easy task, especially if the person who has these (kakulangan) has accepted his (or should I say, hers?). It becomes a different story when you are aware of these shortcomings coming from the other end and that end is still moving heaven and earth trying to conceal it.

Sarap bigyan ng magic sing! At least, pamukpok para magising na...

No comments: