Saturday, June 10, 2006

taking my leave...

I wish I can just fly away...








I would often hear the line "I'll take my leave" in english movies in the sixties. For me it's the most proper way of saying good-bye.

As I became a member of the working class a.k.a. employee, when one says "I'll take my leave", it means he is going to be gone for awhile but definitely going to return some time. I have worked for a little more than three years in the company where I am at and (aside from the yearly Christmas break) this is my first time to actually formally file a leave.

I told my boss that I was planning to be on leave for one month soon. Apparently, I am only allowed six days. That started last Tuesday and will end Friday. The wednesday of which I was required to work because of a shoot which I, apparently was only informed the day before the leave took effect. Trying to maximize the said 'vacation', I slept until the wee hours of the afternoon telling myself not to worry of the next day's work because I am 'on leave'.

I am going back to work Tuesday. Thank goodness that Monday is a holiday. I got too preoccupied with the idea that I'm on vacation, I hardly had the time to actually enjoy it. Amidst all that, I was reminded all the time that we do have a deadline. Today is Saturday and I will be working for a project tomorrow. The said vacation was actually two days of sleeping and frantic work for the coming weeks. Somehow, I am just glad my face does show that I have rested.

At the end of it, I hope I can actually say the phrase as they say it in the movies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got too preoccupied with the idea that I'm on vacation, I hardly had the time to actually enjoy it. <-- how true! its always that way. first few days you adjust pa... then come the last few days na, ayan na. worry na may pasok na ulit! sigh!

decorator said...

southdude... its always the case... ugh!!!